Clays for days

As+he+focuses+in%2C+sophomore+Charles+Lucas+pulls+his+BT-99.+Charles+Lucas+Stoia+received+94+out+of+a+100+points+at+States+and+the+team+ended+in+eighth+place+overall.+%E2%80%9CI+was+proud+of+the+whole+team+we+worked+really+hard+that+year+to+make+it+to+states%2C%E2%80%9D+Stoia+said.+%E2%80%9CI+was+very+proud+of+myself%2C+I+practiced+a+lot+to+get+good+and+all+the+hard+work+paid+off.%E2%80%9D+

Charles Lucas Stoia

As he focuses in, sophomore Charles Lucas pulls his BT-99. Charles Lucas Stoia received 94 out of a 100 points at States and the team ended in eighth place overall. “I was proud of the whole team we worked really hard that year to make it to states,” Stoia said. “I was very proud of myself, I practiced a lot to get good and all the hard work paid off.”

They step up to the stand and lines themselves up to the target; three, two, one they pull the trigger and hit the small clay dish. It shatters to pieces.

“My favorite part of this club is that it can be so relaxing. I get great relief for having that calm moment of just standing there and holding my Beretta 687 up to the target. It also has taught me to be patient with learning new things,” sophomore Charles Lucas Stoia said.

The Clay Target Club is an art of shooting with a firearm at small, orange, round disks.  The club takes place in the spring and summer season; States and Nationals take place in June and July. Meetings are every Monday at 3 p.m to 8 p.m at North Macomb Sportsmans club.

“There are no requirements to join; any students, boy or girl, are welcome to join and be part of the club,” Coach Mark Ollila said.

Registration is open through March 3 for the season and those interested, email Ollila for more information. Registration is now open.

“It’s a pretty fun time; it also gives you a chance to hang out with your friends and just shoot. I alway liked practicing with my teammates in between shots,” Stoia said. “At States, we all had a great time hanging out and getting to know each other much better than we did before.”