Coordinating new Student Council events

The smell of sugary donuts and taste of warm cider brought the student body together as one, as they shared the memories of tailgating on football nights at events hosted by student council.

“The events are good for students, because their parents know they are safe and supervised. The students can have fun and make high school memories,” student council adviser Amber Bronson said.

In addition, football tailgaters enjoyed Yates Cider Mill at the last two home varsity games. Student council also planned a spirit week during Halloween, which included days such as: college shirt day, wear pink and Halloween costumes. Halloween movie night capped off the week, as students gathered in the Performing Arts Center to enjoy a movie with their friends.

“We got a lot more people to come than was expected and it was fun,” student council member Gabi Vizzaccaro said.

In the future, student council plans to hold a Christmas movie night and powder buff, among other ideas in the works. Since the Halloween movie night went well, another movie night is planned for December to show Christmas movies, while powder buff is when boys pay to play a game of volleyball.

“I think it is good student council is planning these types of events, like the Halloween movie night,” sophomore Brooke Elward said; “and it brings the student body closer together and everyone has fun.”