The student news site of Eisenhower High School

Ike News

Ike News

Ike News

Breakfast of honor

The Social Studies department plans a breakfast honoring Veterans
Get it while it’s hot. The Veterans Day continental breakfast makes a comeback after being gone for years. Event coordinators, psychology teacher Lisa Hallam and junior Jonathan Danforth planned everything to make it all happen.

Celebrating and honoring those who served our country, the Veterans Day breakfast makes a comeback.

“We wanted to show appreciation to our Veterans, and I think a lot of this was an expression of gratitude,” event coordinator junior Jonathan Danforth said. 

Preparation is in the works for breakfast to happen in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) on Thursday, Nov. 9. Danforth and the Head of the Social Studies Department Lisa Hallam are in charge of event planning.

“[When planning] we talked about what would be best for the community and also a good experience for the students,” Hallam said. 

Breakfast is available to any Veteran within the community. Thank you cards will be handed out to Veterans who attend. Veteran Phillip Randazzo will also make an appearance to speak and hold a Q&A with government and history students who can sign up to ask questions. 

“I think we are bringing our community together as much as we are expressing gratitude,” Danforth said.

Vince and Joes are catering the continental breakfast and they expect to have enough food for about 120 people. Different types of pastries will be served with coffee. The event is a come-and-go style running from 7:30-10:30.

“We wanted to have a close-knit community with Eisenhower,” Danforth said. “A few townships spill into Ike and we wanted to sort of bring everyone closer.”