Choir takes over disney

Katie Meyers

The Show Choir performs “King of New York” from “Newsie”, on Oct.15. “My favorite song to sing out of the “Newsies” medley is ‘King of New York,’ because I am the king.” Show Choir Junior Chas Cacchione said. They prepared for the concert since the beginning of the school year.

Choir Alumni scattered through the theater and families, students, and teachers were in attendance rooting on the choir students creating the largest attendance in choir concert history on Oct. 15.

“I get a little nervous before going on stage, but I try not to focus on it,”Show Choir senior Jake Walters said.

Before the concert, choir alumni cheered on the classes as they ran through the setlist for their show.

“The show was fantastic,” alumni Jake Sommers said. “It was great to see all my old friends up there singing their hearts out. It made me want to get up and join them again.”

Following the opening act of an “Aladdin” medley sung by the Malow Choir, the Eagle Voices performed “Lion King” songs and a handful of solo numbers. The Women’s Chorus then sang a “High School Musical” medley, followed by the Show Choir finishing off the show singing a “Newsies” medley while dancing and acting.

“My favorite song to sing is ‘What I’ve Been Looking For,’ because its from ‘High School Musical’ Frances Johnson said.

The concert was a preview of what choir will showcase this spring in Disney World for a choir competition.

“Even though we haven’t learned all the music yet,” sophomore Women’s Chorus member Emily Allen said. “I am looking forward to being in one of my favorite places, Disney World, with my friends.”