Over the Rainbow

Dressing+up+as+the+colors+of+the+rainbow%2C+seniors+Jamie+Szymkowicz%2C+Miranda+DeBellis%2C+Emily+Rizzi%2C+Caitlin+Carroll%2C+Brooke+Thousand+and+Victoria+Genna+participate+in+Tuesday%E2%80%99s+spirit+day.+We+all+just+thought+it+would+be+a+cool+way+to+incorporate+the+rainbow+theme+and+dress+wacky-tacky+too%2C+Rizzi+said.+Students+also+wore+tie-dye+and+bright+colors.+

Courtesy Photo

Dressing up as the colors of the rainbow, seniors Jamie Szymkowicz, Miranda DeBellis, Emily Rizzi, Caitlin Carroll, Brooke Thousand and Victoria Genna participate in Tuesday’s spirit day. “We all just thought it would be a cool way to incorporate the rainbow theme and dress wacky-tacky too,” Rizzi said. Students also wore tie-dye and bright colors.

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet filled the hallways as students and staff wore multicolored shirts for Tuesday’s over the rainbow spirit day.

“I tie dyed a shirt last night with some of my friends and they turned out really good,” junior Candace Byrnes said. “We were really surprised about how cool they looked in the end.”

Some students went all out, dressing up in tutus, colored tights, tie dye socks and colorful bandanas. Groups of friends stepped it up by coordinating colors and dressing up as the rainbow.

Student Council chose this idea because it’s a change from the same old wacky-tacky day, according to Student Council Treasurer Christian Kennedy. The over the rainbow theme fit with “The Wizard of Oz” because of the movie’s popular song, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”

“My favorite part of today was when Student Council said I could still do wacky-tacky colors,” junior Stanton Aspelund said, “just without the crazy outfit part.”