Not in Kansas anymore

Sophomores Emily Wagner, Mamie Cornell, Sarah Schwark and Bella Ancevski walk into the Commons for their first homecoming dance. “While we were taking pictures before the dance I was really nervous and really excited because I didn’t know what to expect; but I knew whatever happened it was going to be great,” Wagner said. The homecoming dance attendees totaled over 1,500 students, the largest turnout in school history.

From dresses, suits and glitter to a balloon drop in middle of the commons, there were many smiles when everything was said and done.“This homecoming was a lot more popular among the school compared to other dances I’ve been to. It was entertaining and they (Student Council) chose a really cool theme,” sophomore Tommy Randazzo said.

Over 1,500 students bought tickets to the dance that took place on Oct. 12, which is the largest turnout in school history.

Student Council decorated the commons with a yellow brick road and giant green floating head right in the middle of the dance floor.

“I’ve never been to a dance that made me feel like I was actually there as much as this one did,” sophomore Mady DeJausserand said. “The whole atmosphere was very fitting to the movie and overall it was one of the things that really made the night so great.”