Smart tips to keep in mind during scheduling

Many+students+struggle+while+scheduling.+I+am+so+happy+that+scheduling+is+almost+over.+I+just+cant+wait+to+turn+mine+in%2C+junior+Corey+Zayance+said.+All+students+must+turn+their+schedules+in+or+else+they+will+be+called+down+by+the+counselors.+

Staff Photogropher/Katie Johnson

Many students struggle while scheduling. “I am so happy that scheduling is almost over. I just cant wait to turn mine in,” junior Corey Zayance said. All students must turn their schedules in or else they will be called down by the counselors.

Just when students start to relax and look forward to the end of the year, scheduling comes up and consumes the thoughts of many as they plan what to take for next years classes.

“I always get nervous during scheduling because i think, ‘What if i pick the wrong classes,’” sophomore Sean Scott said.

At the junior highs, freshmen are freaking out or looking forward to entering the new world that is high school. Sophomores have finally gotten comfortable in the new high school setting, and now have the opportunity to plan their strenuous  junior year. Juniors finally get to relax because the ACT has passed and they get to look forward to their senior year. Most seniors finished their scheduling at the beginning of the year as they prepare to leave high school and enter the college world. At all stages of high school scheduling is an exciting, but nerve-racking part of the year.

“I took easier classes next year because i’m worried the ACT will take up a lot of my time,” sophomore Traevon Coy said.

For a student, there is something daunting about permanently scheduling their monday through friday school life five months in advanced. However, scheduling is nothing to fear. For starters, scheduling is not as permanent as it seems. It is always an option to alter a schedule the following year. Although, it is important to make wise choices when signing up for AP classes because students are required to stay in the class until, at least the end of the first semester.

“I wish scheduling was easier. I get nervous about what to take, especially because i want to impress colleges,” junior Shelby Keinath said.

Also, there are basic guidelines to follow when scheduling because of all the classes that need to be taken in order to graduate. The requirements limit student choices for classes, but help guide the scheduling process.

“I think scheduling is fun because it reminds me the year is ending and it is cool to see the large class list and decide what my next year is going to look like,” senior Connor Stevenson said.

Schedules are due either from Mar. 27 to 30 (dates vary according to a students English class). All English classes will travel together to the counseling office to turn in schedules.

“This year was the hardest for me because i want my senior year to be relaxing, but i also want to impress colleges,” junior Haley Bradley said.