The student news site of Eisenhower High School

Ike News

Ike News

Ike News

Harmonies in the forecast

Eisenhower and Malow choir come together to perform their annual fall concert

Sunny, cloudy, rainy and snowy types of songs will be at the annual vocal fall concert on Tuesday Oct. 17 in the Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m. 

“They [younger kids] see the harder choreography and get to hear all the harmonies,” vocal teacher Julia Holt said. “I think it helps let parents see how kids grow from one set to another. Younger students are like, ‘oh I want to be in that group,’ so these concerts influence them to join Ike’s choir.”

Vocal students have been rehearsing their set of songs since the second week of school. All choirs: Eagle Voices, Women’s Choir and Show Choir will perform a set of three to four songs; at the end of the concert, the choirs merge and sing “Good Day Sunshine” together. 

“We were just kind of brainstorming and she [junior Taylor Pacheco] was searching on her phone and she was like, ‘what about weather’,” Holt said. “When we got the theme, everyone was like ‘wait a minute, we can do this song and that song,’ we just started thinking about the songs.” 

It is the 20th annual fall concert Holt organized and directed, this concert will be weather themed. The concept of the theme was brainstormed last year after all of the seniors left. 

“I feel really proud that my idea [for the theme] was used,” junior Taylor Pacheco said. “We were all really stuck, so I was online looking up ideas. That [weather theme] popped up and I thought it would be a good idea.”

Purchase a ticket as they’re available at showtix4u.com or at the door.