Tennis team makes it to states

The Eisenhower tennis team is on its rise.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tennis team makes it to states

After the team competed, they posed for a quick picture. “Although we lost almost all of the matches we still had fun,

After the team competed, they posed for a quick picture. “Although we lost almost all of the matches we still had fun," sophomore singles player Evan Shallow said. The team lost at states.

Amber Slagle, Staff Writer

For the first time in four years, the Eisenhower boy’s varsity tennis team advance to the state competition.

“It was exciting because the last time we went to states was four years ago,” senior doubles player Matthew Adamaski said. “I wanted to go and this being my last year was fun.”

The team experienced anticipation on Oct. 18 as the team headed to the Greater Midland Tennis Center. After a season of work and practice, they got ready for the competition.

“In any sport, to make it that far is a great achievement,” principal Jared McEvoy said.

Although the team lost that day, they still share good team chemistry. They enjoyed a great season with making it to states. Throughout the season, they laughed, cried and supported each other. 

“We support each other,” Adamaski said. “We are really close and enjoy hanging out with each other outside of school.”