Administration decides against agendas

With agendas no longer provided by the school, students are being sent into the bathroom/hallway using staplers and written passes; items soon to be replaced with wooden passes constructed by woodshop students.

“We got rid of the agendas because we found that kids were not even using them,” Principal Nanette Chesney said. “People would lose them all the time and would leave them laying around, so it seemed as if they didn’t care if they had an agenda or not.”

In previous years, the school spent over 2,000 dollars buying an agenda for every student in the school. Without the cost of agendas, the school uses the money towards day to day operations because they get less and less money each year towards these things.

“I was really upset when I found out that we weren’t getting agendas this year,” sophomore Gabriella Vizzaccaro said. “This is my first year in high school, so I was hoping to have an agenda to keep myself organized.”

To try to solve the problems of teachers not knowing what to give students when they leave the classroom, woodshop teacher Ryan DeCardenas and his classes are working to make wooden passes with teachers’ names on them for students to use. DeCardenas and his students have made all 63 passes and are planning to pass them out to the teachers shortly.

“I really enjoyed making the passes for all of the classrooms,” senior woodshop student Jake Corey said. “It made me feel good about myself knowing that I was helping out the teachers.”

Although the school didn’t supply agendas to all students, there are some available in the office for students if needed. The school purchased 500 agendas and only 200 have been asked for by students. No student will be turned away if they ask for an agenda.

“I do not plan on bringing the agendas back next year,” Chesney said. “Now a days students just use their phones to keep track of everything, so there is no need to waste the money on them.”