The student news site of Eisenhower High School

Ike News

Ike News

Ike News

Cody Raymond scores Booster Athlete of the Week

Three-sport athlete, senior Cody Raymond, earns Booster Athlete of the Week
Touchdown.+The+Athletic+Booster+Club+names+senior+Cody+Raymond+as+Booster+Athlete+of+the+Week.+Raymond+plays+other+sports+including+basketball+and+lacrosse.+
Touchdown. The Athletic Booster Club names senior Cody Raymond as Booster Athlete of the Week. Raymond plays other sports including basketball and lacrosse.

On a Friday morning Oct. 20, senior Cody Raymond spoted his name on the marquee as Booster Athlete of the Week.

“I love sports. It’s something that I’ve always been a part of,” Raymond said. “It also helps you stay in shape keeping your body right.”

From a young age senior Cody Raymond has played many sports including football, basketball and lacrosse. In addition to his practice schedules he juggles AP classes in the process. Despite the time management aspect, Raymond was declared the Booster Athlete of the Week. 

“Time management [is the hardest thing to balance],” Raymond said. “Making sure you can work on playing throughout studies as well.”

Raymonds plays linebacker and leads the Varsity Football team as their captain. 

Cody is a great player on the field,” said Varsity Football coach Chris Smith. “He is big, athletic, fast and plays every play 100%.”

Looking towards his future, Raymond plans on attending Lafayette College studying cybersecurity. 

“Cody is a leader who brings a positive attitude and energy to everyone around him,” said Smith. “He is also a great person off the field.”