Oreo mint pie review

A unique recipe perfect to bake for any occasion

While hanging out with friends, sophomore Ally Vohs makes a delicious mint oreo pie. “This was a fun and easy recipe to make with friends and I really enjoyed it”, sophomore Ashlynn Durham said. They will be making this recipe again as a dessert for Valentine’s Day.

With basic desserts found in almost every cookbook, it’s great to bake an out-of-the-ordinary recipe most people haven’t tasted.

This easy-to-follow recipe offers a fantastic outcome for anyone inexperienced in the kitchen because the pie doesn’t need to be baked. Sticking the pie in the refrigerator opposed to the oven eliminates a lot of risks.

The final results of the pie tasted very pleasing. Sometimes mint flavoring can be overpowering and taste like toothpaste, but this was not the case at all. The flavor was very subtle and made the perfect addition to the recipe.

Different kinds of toppings can also be added onto the pie. Types of melted chocolatesuch as: white, milk or dark chocolatesadd a sweet touch to the dish. Chocolate chips and crushed oreos or peppermints are also good ideas.

Bakers can serve the pie to about eight people. The pie needs to spend around three hours in the freezer before serving, which is the only downfall. If in a time crunch, make this pie the day before.

Overall, this dessert was easy to make and delightful to enjoy. This is recommended to anyone in search of a new treat to make.

This pie rates a five out of five oreos.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Freezer time: 3 hours

Total time: 3 hours and 15 minutes

Ingredients:

• 24 oreos, crushed
  • ¼ cup of butter, melted
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 24 large marshmallows
  • 1 tablespoon mint extract 
  • 2 cups cool whip
  • A few drops green food dye

For topping:

• 1 cup crushed oreos
  • ¼ cup melted chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Combine crushed oreos and melted butter in a large bowl. When the crumbs are moistened, press into a pie dish to make the crust.
  2. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan on medium-low heat. 
  3. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted and mixed with the heavy cream. 
  4. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
  5. Stir in the mint extract and food dye and fold in the cool whip one cup at a time until fully incorporated with the mixture. 
  6. Pour the mixture into the crust and place in the freezer three hours to firm up.
  7. Top with crushed oreos and drizzle with melted chocolate when ready to serve.

Recipe by delish.com