Students show leadership

This+was+the+year+of+2017+Leadership+day.+%E2%80%9CMy+favorite+activity+was+the+speaker%2C+because+he+was+really+funny+and+gave+a+good+memorable+speech%2C%E2%80%9D+Kerigan+Murphy+%E2%80%9817+said.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Students show leadership

This was the year of 2017 Leadership day. “My favorite activity was the speaker, because he was really funny and gave a good memorable speech,” Kerigan Murphy ‘17 said.

Alex Fulgos

Alex Fulgos

Alex Fulgos

Anna Settimo, staff writer

Students received a letter in their 5th hour classes; now they will go and understand how important it is to be a leader.

“Any opportunity we have to get students students involved in anything, get students to participate, to get students just to be a part of something, is going to be a benefit to the school,” principal Jared McEvoy said.

Leadership day is on October 25th, 2nd through 6th hour in the PAC. This will be for the students who take the role of leadership in classrooms, clubs, team, etc. This event is to listen to presentations and participate in activities that will require communication, compromising and many more strategies.

Participating helps leaders understand what is expected from them and the importance to continue to grow and develop their leadership skills. Teachers make the recommendations to student council of what students should be invited to this day.  

“Leadership day is more than just a handful of adults and students making all the decisions,” McEvoy said. “This is a way to draw in more students and empower them to be part of the decision making process that’s going to benefit the school as a whole.

• Students show leadership

Feature

Choirs advance to states

• Students show leadership

Feature

The Road to States

• Students show leadership

Feature

Students find fate

• Feature

Cheap D.I.Y Valentines day gifts

• Feature

Snow day breakdown

• Feature

Don’t stress for the test

• Students show leadership

Feature

The real Christmas cookie

• Students show leadership

Feature

Spirits days are back!

• Students show leadership

Feature

Band hosts Santa’s Craft Castle

• Students show leadership

Feature

Key Club attends Fall Rally

Students show leadership