Student council prepares for stress

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student council prepares for stress

Senior Cayla Kadets, junior Stephen Verbanac and junior Jordan Nacker hang up curtains for the 2018-2019 homecoming.

Kylee Zook, Staff Writer

Students attending homecoming spend time to perfect their appearance before the annual homecoming dance, while student council works to make the event the best it can be for everyone.  

“To be honest, planning homecoming and especially homecoming week, was very stressful,” student council president Therese Reinhold said. “We have to make sure everything from t-shirts to tickets is in order and handed out to the correct people. Along with that, we have to make sure everything is in order regarding decorations and miscellaneous activities, like the pep assembly.”

Student council members were responsible for coordinating with their t-shirt screen printer and plan decorations and where they should go, which was a lot for the council members to go through, according to Reinhold, but as a team, they tackled what needed to be accomplished.

“A lot was going through my head to be honest,” Reinhold said. “This year, I really did feel the pressure. Knowing my council’s past homecomings, I knew that I wanted to make this year great to reach the high standards that have been set the previous years. In some parts, homecoming week is stressful; but with any leadership position, it’s a guarantee to have both the stress of the event but also the fulfillment after the event has been executed.”

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Spirits days are back!

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Band hosts Santa’s Craft Castle

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Key Club attends Fall Rally

• Feature

Fresh faces

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Woodworking students take trip

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Time to tackle breast cancer

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

A D.I.Y Halloween

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Students show leadership

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Homecoming king and queen

• Student council prepares for stress

Feature

Women unite

Student council prepares for stress