Women unite

Back to Article
Back to Article

Women unite

National Women Empowerment Organization President Kylee Zook and Vice President Amanda Davis plan what they are going to say at the club fair.

Allison Chown

Allison Chown

Allison Chown

Allison Chown, Editor-in-Chief

For most of history, anonymous was a woman.

“I have always had this background in women empowerment,” junior Amanda Davis said, “and I think it’s a really important cause that everyone should get involved in.”

The National Women Empowerment Organization is a new club started by Davis and junior Kylee Zook, with support from associate principal Kimberly Hodsdon and math teacher Heather Dalling. The club will talk about local events happening and go on field trips to local women’s rallies.

“I started the club because I feel like guys get treated differently than girls a lot and there have been a lot of cases of sexual harassment in this school, like guys harassing girls,” Zook said. “I talked with the assistant principal and she agrees. We also agreed that guys are getting sexually harassed by girls as well even if it’s not physical, like saying stuff that probably shouldn’t be said in school.”

The club’s first meeting will be Tuesday, September 25th in room 218 at 2:30 to 3:30. The club will meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month for the rest of the school year, and the meetings are open to anyone who would like to attend.

Girls just want to have fun-damental rights.

• Women unite

Feature

Spirits days are back!

• Women unite

Feature

Band hosts Santa’s Craft Castle

• Women unite

Feature

Key Club attends Fall Rally

• Feature

Fresh faces

• Women unite

Feature

Woodworking students take trip

• Women unite

Feature

Time to tackle breast cancer

• Women unite

Feature

A D.I.Y Halloween

• Women unite

Feature

Students show leadership

• Women unite

Feature

Student council prepares for stress

• Women unite

Feature

Homecoming king and queen

Women unite