Boo Bash

Project unified throws Halloween party for the Life Centered Community Education Program.

Boo+Bash

Project Unified and the LCCE students come together to celebrate as one.

Students play games and complete Halloween crafts during the party. “It’s mostly about putting fun things together,” Project Unified President Natalie Tangelder said. The LCCE students joined the Project Unified students for Halloween.

“It’s mostly about putting fun things together that involve the kids with some of the other kids from the rest of the school and just making it fun for them,” Project Unified president Natalie Tangelder said.

Project Unified is a group at school who puts together events and just overall makes sure that the special needs students feel accepted and create good memories for them. They put together events so they can bond with other students and make them feel accepted. Project unified teaches them that they can be friends with everyone and reach out to anyone.

On Friday, Oct. 29 Tangelder and the members of the Project Unified crew held a Halloween bash in the PAC lobby 5th and 6th hour for the students. The party consisted of dancing, crafts, games, photo booth and Halloween treats and costumes. Project Unified wanted the students to be able to celebrate the holiday with students who maybe they don’t always get to talk to, so as one big group they collectively celebrated and created bonds and memories.

“I enjoy doing it with Project Unified a lot,” Tangelder says