Foreign exchange students experience homecoming

Bailey DeLaere

Foreign exchange students, sophomore Laura von Rudno, sophomore Mia Nielsen and senior Emilie Hvass experience homecoming for the first time. “We are so excited for homecoming,” Nielsen said. It was a whole new experience for all three girls.

New country, new friends, new family, new school and a brand new experience: homecoming.

“I’m very excited. I’ve never been to a homecoming, so I already have my dress and everything,” senior Norway foreign exchange student Emilie Hvass said.

Sophomore Denmark foreign exchange student Mia Nielsen also prepared for Saturday’s dance in advance. She dressed for the spirit days and had her dress picked out since her host family told her about the dance. She said compared to her school back home, Eisenhower have enthusiasm that is unmatched by any school in Denmark.

“The school has more school spirit,” sophomore German exchange student Laura Von Rudno said. “In Germany we don’t have school sports, so it’s fun to see how everyone is so spirited over the homecoming game.”