NHS induction junction function

Back to Article
Back to Article

NHS induction junction function

Faculty Council Advisor for National Honor Society Melissa Minton smiles for her picture.

Harrison Hendricks

Harrison Hendricks

Harrison Hendricks

Harrison Hendricks, Staff Writer

Character, scholarship, leadership and service: these are the traits National Honor Society (NHS) members must uphold.

“I definitely was excited [about being inducted]. I wanted to do it very much, because I figured it would help me become a part of a broader group of individuals who had the same kind of personality I did, who would be able to help me effectively lead others as well in the future and the things I’m doing currently at Eisenhower,” junior Zane Williams said.

The induction ceremony is to celebrate the new members joining for the school year, which will take place on Oct. 29 at 7 p.m. in the P.A.C. Attendance is mandatory for all students.

“I think students who join NHS, are students who not only meet the four tenants, but they also want to bolster their college resume. They want to continue to volunteer in the community, they care about their teachers, they want to put their best face forward, because they know that’s going to be the best for their future,” NHS Faculty Council Advisor Melissa Minton said.

NHS members must show character by possessing good morals and they need to display scholarship by maintaining a 3.5 grade point average. They also need to present leadership through dependability and reliability. Finally, they must show service by helping out in the community, according to ikenhs.weebly.com

“I think those who join NHS really want to surround themselves with people who are similar to themselves, specifically those who want to strive for excellence at least grade wise and really those who want to reach to the community,” Williams said. “They want to see what’s outside the box, essentially just besides the grades. what you can do with the kind of effort you put into school and the academics and the other kinds of things you do at school.”

• NHS induction junction function

News

Seniors relax

• NHS induction junction function

News

Spring band concert

• News

HOSA competes at States

• NHS induction junction function

News

Mural of dedication

• News

Students award money in art scholarships

• NHS induction junction function

News

UCS explores later start time

• NHS induction junction function

Feature

LCCE prom is a go

• NHS induction junction function

News

Time to get jazzy

• News

Tis’ the season for giving

• NHS induction junction function

News

Power outage affects PSAT/NMSQT scores

NHS induction junction function