Women help women

Back to Article
Back to Article

Women help women

The National Women's Empowerment Organization shares ideas of what this year might hold for future women. The club's first meeting was held on Sept. 25 and is planning a meeting every other week.

Julia Pelchat

Julia Pelchat

Julia Pelchat

Makenna Sloat, Staff Writer

The National Women’s Empowerment Organization gathers for their first meeting, discussing how to shed light on issues plaguing today’s women.

“I am hoping to find a great new community of women to communicate with,” junior Rachel Austin said.

The club celebrated its inauguration and first meeting with pizza; students started with introductions and what they hoped to gain from the club. The group came up with ideas for future meetings and established an Instagram account: ikewomenempowerment.

The club seeks to bring light to issues, such as sexual harassment in schools, to show students the reality as well as fix and prevent these problems, according to club president junior Kylee Zook. Above all, club members echoed the importance of a supportive group of peers to talk with and provide support.

“I am hoping to better understand women’s empowerment through talks and discussions,” senior Austin Fite said.

Future meetings are in room 218 every second and fourth Tuesday of the month from 2:30-3:30. Any student can join the National Women’s Empowerment Organization, which celebrates men and women of all backgrounds.

• Women help women

News

Power outage affects PSAT/NMSQT scores

• News

Cell out for a veteran

• Women help women

News

Can drive thrown for LCCE prom

• Women help women

News

Colleges visit school

• Women help women

News

Snow Queen play anticipates chills

• News

Winterguard helps beat winter blues

• Women help women

News

Costume day ahead? Uh, yeah I sure hope it is

• Women help women

News

NHS induction junction function

• News

When cancer returns

• Women help women

News

Eisenhower blood drive

Women help women