Gurney accelerates in academic career

Many sophomores take the fast track to get ahead. Sophomore Ethan Gurne accomplishes much to get the most academic advantage he can.

“I have been participating in things like MST and many AP classes to try my best to impress my dream school’s,” sophomore Ethan Gurne said. “It can get a little overwhelming sometimes considering everything I’m in is advanced.”

Gurne has been at MST since he was a freshman, taking Spanish since he was in seventh grade and enrolled in as many AP classes as the school will allow him. The stress is something he works through and it helps push him along.

“I just try to motivate myself by just remembering my goals. It may seem like a hard thing to do but it’s possible,” Gurne said. “I spend long nights studying and doing homework and it’s been like that since middle school, so the pressure gets a little easier to handle.”

Handling the school pressure of this year can be hard, yet Gurne has decided to take the SAT in June. This is one of the next steps to keep accelerating and he racing by.

“I’ve taken a lot of practice SAT tests and I get tips from friends who have taken the test before me,” Gurne said. “I feel I am ready and it’s never too early to start testing.”

He gives motivation to his friends and thinks moral support helps them achieve the best.

“My friends can get super stressed out and it really helps to give them advice since I am going through the same thing,” Gurne said. “I learned that school isn’t easy, but hard-work and positivity can help push everything through.”