Online story

The ACTs are over, and students are getting back into the swing of things. Standardized tests and adjusted schedules were brought to the students and faculty this past week of March 2nd. The juniors prepared for the ACT, which they took on Tuesday, March 3rd. Tuesday was a day for juniors only, so that meant a day off for all of the sophomores and seniors. Wednesday, March 4th was also an adjusted half day.

The juniors arrived bright and early on Tuesday at 6:45am to take the ACT and were released at about noon. The junior class then came in at normal starting time on Wednesday and continued testing with Part I of the MME (Michigan Merit Curriculum). Part II will be taken in April or June of 2015. After the juniors tested, sophomores and seniors arrived at 10:50am to attend their fourth, fifth, and sixth hour classes while the juniors were dismissed.

“Most of my junior friends were stressed out about testing,” sophomore Ben Forthofer said. “It made me kind of nervous to take any big tests next year.”

Testing days, along with the springtime itself, can be stressful on the whole student body.

“Some of my mixed classes got smaller on Wednesday because of the juniors not being there, and I knew how hard it would be to catch so many kids up,” sophomore Kylie Henson said.

The frantic week of testing and adjusted schedules came to a close, and teachers were able to put their lesson plans back in order.