Magical music

Music is a good stress reliever

Almost every student loves to listen to music and they should be allowed to at school.

Some students work better or are more focused on their work if they are allowed to listen to music, according to a study done by Elana Goodwin.

“Listening to soothing music can decrease blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety levels in heart patients,” according to UMD medical center. 

This shows music helps those who are struggling with music.

Schoolwork can be daunting and boring– especially if kids are already in school and have to do schoolwork. It can be hard to focus or have motivation when students are in a bad mood.

“Dopamine helps with focus and attention,” according to news medical life sciences. 

Music triggers the dopamine in human brains, so if students listen to music while they are working, they could be happier and in turn, more motivated. 

If students don’t understand their work or it is too hard, they can become stressed. Music helps lower Cortisol levels which is a hormone that has to do with stress and anxiety. Cortisol is only one part of the way our bodies react to stress, according to psy.com. 

Northcentral University recommends listening to music with little to no lyrics and with a 60-70 bpm. Good examples of this are electronic and classical music. Spa music can also help with focus and relaxation.

Some may argue, music is a distraction from work and makes students miss directions. However, students can take one earbud out while they are working so they don’t miss anything. They can also keep a low volume on their phones while listening. 

Students can make listening to music in class possible by bringing this up to their teachers. By emailing teachers and building up a good argument students may be able to convince their teachers to let them listen to music in class.