Instrumental Introduction

Samantha Brown

The Wind Ensemble brass section stands to perform their solo excerpt in John Phillip Sousa’s, “Stars and Stripes Forever.”

This Thursday Dec. 4, the concert band, symphonic band, and wind ensemble held their debut concert in the PAC. The concert also featured the Marching Eagles, who performed their final show of the season.

This was the sophomore band members’ first time performing with the high school bands.

“It was stressful preparing for it, but I think it paid off. I love playing with the older students, and playing harder music.” sophomore concert band member Katie Felker said.

The bands also kept up the first concert traditions that have held strong for many years. One of these traditions is for each band to perform a march as the first of the three songs on their program. They also welcome a guest director, who for this concert was Mr. Kevin Matthews.

At the end of the concert, The Marching Eagles brought their season to a close with the final performance of their show, Royalty on a Throne of Music.

“It was kind of sad, watching the seniors perform for the last time,” junior Leah Young said. “But at the same time it was motivation for the rest of us to carry out their legacy next year.”