Toys for Tots Preview

StuCo made Toys for Tots posters, like these, to show what the students could win. “I think the Tigers tickets are always the most wanted,” Bronson said. These posters are hung around the school to advertise the prizes available.

It’s that jolly time of the year again where Student Council holds their annual Toys for Tots Telethon.

“The kids did a bottle drive this year,” history teacher and head of StuCo, Amber Bronson said, “They also collected money and donations from parents at conferences, and those two things, by themselves, have garnered a considerable amount of money to start us off.”

Every year student council runs a telethon that’s broadcasted out of the media center during all hours. Within each hour, there is a first and second place prize that all classes are eligible to win. First place gets to choose which prize they’d like. The money raised is used to buy toys for the Toys for Tots Foundation. The telethon is occuring Wednesday, December 2.

“Everybody has the opportunity to do it,” Bronson said. “There are teachers in the building who are definitely huge supporters of the event.”

The prizes this year include: breakfast or hot chocolate and cookies for 1st hour; Yates or class t-shirts for 2nd hour; walking tacos or slurpees for 3rd hour; pizza or inflatables for 4th hour (A lunch); Pita Pit or sundae bar for 4th hour (B lunch); Tigers tickets or slurpees for 5th hour; and cupcake/candy land or inflatables for 6th hour.

“I know that these kids have been working like crazy Santa elves for the last week,” Bronson said.